Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"2"

So in fairness to the fact that I've been talking so much about Larkin's b-day (mostly because I've been trying to be better about blogging more regularly), I need to go back to February to recount Kellen's b-day!
My little Kk The Destroyer who was our surprise time and time again is now TWO years old.

First Father's Day- Surprise you're ovulating on your own.

Two weeks later- Surprise you're pregnant.

One trimester later- Surprise you're actually STILL pregnant.

Early ultrasound with the high-risk ob- It's a girl!

Big u/s with the same high-risk ob weeks later- Surprise it's a BOY!

29 weeks gestation- Surprise you're having contractions and going on modified bed rest.

35 weeks gestation- Surprise I'm here early!

Going home two days later with no NICU time or jaundice scare- Surprise I'm not as complicated as my sister was!

To celebrate, we took the kids to the downtown Aquarium for the first time. Patrick and I used to love to go there, and there were many times I(we) drowned my(our) infertility sorrows in a chocolate martini (black and tan) at the cute little bar there. It was awesome to go back as a family. We went through the exhibits, had lunch at the Aquarium restaurant, and rode the shark train. The next morning, we had brunch and La Madeleine and went to the park to play. A very Kk-fun filled weekend. Of course, we all know Kk doesn't think that rules apply to him...and that things are just made for climbing (luckily the aquarium was not very crowded first thing in the morning!). He touched a sting ray...and then held his hand waiting for it to be cleaned... There's a what behind us?
Kk's cake...LOVE our cake decorator, she is AWESOME!

At the park...it was a little windy...
The Puma twinkies...he made his Daddy run all over the place He's 2...and so began my almost 2 months of having two 2 year olds ; )

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you told Annie and I in my kitchen you were pregnant, I think we both spit out our wine in shock. I was so happy for you. He is darling and so is that cake. Next year you have to have a boy party, so all of ours can be fearless together. Your a lucky girl Ruth Ann with a beautiful family. I know you thank god everyday for them.

    ReplyDelete