So last weekend, our good friend Ben had his 5th birthday party. It just happened to be at the same place I had selected for Larkin's party that's coming up this weekend. We decided to leave the boys at home (Kk would have enjoyed himself, but never would have made it through presents without screaming for a snack...I need to prep for that this weekend...), and the girls would go and maybe even stay for the whole party. Total success! We stayed the whole time, and she had such a blast.
She ran... She launched rockets (pretty well if I do say so myself, better coordination than I expected!)...
She smiled A LOT (and high pitched squealed while running full speed)...
I find it intriguing that her default "legs up" pose is a half lotus with her right leg on top...which is my exact default pose anytime I'm on the ground...LOL!
We even stayed for cupcakes (she picked vanilla...really?...her Daddy's genes at work!)...
I discovered that my children are always going to make me look like I need a tan...
And I'm so glad we got to go. I found myself tearing up quite a bit several times during the party. To see her so happy, to have contained myself NOT to follow her every step to make sure she didn't get hurt, to finally be one of the moms off to the side watching their kid play, well it was a really nice moment.
I had prepped Larkin prior to the party that this was "Ben's party not Larkin's party" and that her party was next week. So on the way home she said "Ben's birthday is over, now it's Larkin's birthday!"
Sweet girl, if you only knew all the preparation we've all been doing for you this week (and this lifetime...).
I was so proud of you and actually tearing up myself that my son is freaking 5. I could not stop taking Larkin's picture and watching her in full delight. Thank god for Kids in Action. Thanks for blogging this, we need more times like this and more are on the way of course. Looking forward to the party and can't wait to shop. You looked fantastic by the way, best dressed mom at the party. Only you could pull off heals at Kids in Action.
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you!
ReplyDelete