She's three. How did that happen? It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in the NICU beside her isolette just longing to hold her. I had waited so long to hold my own child, and it was such a cruel joke that I got to take her home only to have her back in the NICU the next morning.
Three years ago today, I was sitting there diligently watching this...

And that miracle has now grown into this...
She really had an amazing birthday. She went to school and celebrated with her friends. The next morning she opened more presents and then we went to our first kids' birthday party we've ever thrown. She totally owned that place. We quickly learned that our daughter is a ringleader (and that Kellen is a rebel, but really that's not much of a surprise). To hear and see her interact with the girls in her preschool class was so unbelievably cute.
Presents...a new aquarium (which ended up being two aquariums and a rotating crew of fish...don't ask!)
A Mercedes...hmmm, Papa and Nina don't forget my b-day is in June...
A new bike...hopefully she'll have better skills than me and not run into any parked cars...
Party...I highly recommend a place like this. Kids run wild, parents watch, the mess stays there!
Most of the kids lined up...guess who's running around like crazy in front of them...LOL!
Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles...
We may be cute, but we're still tough.
Papa this doesn't look very safe!
Could this cake be more Larkin?
I may have been up past midnight making all those hairbows...
But all the work we put into this first party was completely worth it to see my chicken having the time of her life!
No comments:
Post a Comment