Annie is always talking about coming over to my house to run because she's tired of the route by her house (but I'm equally tired of the route by my house...LOL!), and it got me thinking about where I've been. I've run off and on since college (you know...when I thought jogging around the park in a sports bra and barely there shorts constituted exercising), but I've only been what I consider a "serious runner" since about January 2010 when I started training for my first 5K. But in that short time, I've gotten to run some pretty cool places, so I thought I'd look back on that for fun...
* The bridge by my house...This may not seem like a "cool place" to run, but when I was fighting through my issues and couldn't exercise, I'd always see people running across the bridge and wish I could be them at that moment. Plus the bridge is about 2 miles from my house (3 if you get all the way over it), so that was "a long way to run" to me back then...LOL! I've now been over it more times than I can count.
* My hometown...I pretty much ran the length of my hometown, got chased by a dog, ran into a family friend, and had to take a few laps around the high school track to get to the distance I needed...LOL! I'm pretty sure most of the people who actually ran track in high school there probably couldn't keep up with me now...score one for the NERDS!
Those were more sentimental places, but I actually got to GO some awesome places, too.
I RAN...
* Around the CDC in Atlanta (I didn't see Dustin Hoffman or Rene Russo or any monkeys).
* Inner Harbor in Baltimore
* Along the James River in Richmond
* Along the Galveston Seawall
* On a gorgeous trail in Seattle (and it was raining so I really got the full Seattle treatment)
* Along Lake Michigan in Chicago
* Along Lake Ontario in Toronto
* Through Silicon Valley in San Jose
* All over San Antonio during my half
* Over the Harbor Bridge in Corpus (a bridge we drove over hundreds maybe thousands of times growing up)
Dear friends who live in cool places...find me a race near you and maybe we'll have an extra excuse to come visit ; )
I didn't know you ran in Chicago. So jealous. I will be over there sometime this week :)
ReplyDelete