So Annie and I planned to do this 5K in the Med Center this weekend because I saw that they also had a Tot Trot for kids 3 years and younger. Once we download the pictures this week, I plan to post a very lengthy "Larkin's First Race Report" complete with lots of pictures. She did AWESOME!!!
So for my race report...it went much better than expected. Weather was great, saw lots of people I knew unexpectedly (including my boss and my ob/gyn!), and I think the idea of staying ahead of my boss may have served as great motivation (I beat him ; ) ).
I started conservatively and let Annie and her friend Jenn get ahead of me once we got through the starting back-up. I kept the first mile about a 9 min pace, then started to loosen up a little the second mile. Before I knew it, mile 3 showed up and as usual, I had a lot left and realized "Oops, I didn't run nearly as hard as I could have!" I kicked it in the last half mile, and finished with a time of 27:07. By far a PR for me, but it was an interesting feeling knowing that I had so much more to give. Knees felt great, no fitness issues, I realized that I have no idea how to race a 5K distance! LOL!
So we're going to sign up for another one on May 30...and this time I told Annie that she could be my "bunny"... ; )
Oh and one more related note....remember those 10 lbs I wanted gone...well 6 are already bye-bye...maybe that's why I'm faster all of sudden ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment