I do have one injury report (so far) this week. Kellen went to bed with one of Larkin's plastic headbands the other night, and woke up with this lovely scratch on his face the next morning. Needless to say, I'm slathering on the Neosporin, but it's doing better (it looks worse than it is...that's what I keep telling myself).
Wednesday also marked one of my parent trainings at Kellen's school. I really enjoy these, and I'm always entertained by other people's impressions of our rambunctious sneaky little man. Earlier in the month, they mentioned they were continuing to modify their initial assessments (the data they collected the first 1-2 weeks) because he "didn't show them everything he could do". I was completely thrilled to hear them say yesterday that "He is SO smart, he completely played all of us the first few weeks." Basically they assessed him thinking there were things he "couldn't do" and come to find out (NO shock to me) they were actually things he was perfectly capable of and just "wouldn't do". I've always wondered where the line is between traits of autism and traits of flat out stubbornness. Anyway, it was good to hear that he continues to surprise us all and gives us so much hope for the future!
Because of the parent training, it was also my work at home day. I'm in the middle of a proposal that is driving me a little nuts (because I waited until the last minute of course), and as further confirmation of my lost mind, this is how I prepared my lunch...
Yes, that's one of the kids' paper plates. The best part is I had already made the sandwich on the plate when I thought "oooh, I should put some hummus in the ears! Wait...ears?"
I decided we were all starting to unravel a little so I stopped and picked up some ice cream for the kids before making the rounds to pick up the actual kids, I also found a little treat for myself...I guess my mind was on France.
Even with the ice cream treat, everyone was just extra grouchy and seemed overly tired, this was really the first night that Kellen had been extra agitated, he's been overly happy the rest of the week. Although Larkin did manage to give me a good laugh on yet more "picture interpretation" when she was looking at my maternity portraits in our bedroom and said "Mama, that's the picture when I was in your belly and you tried to put on your clothes but they didn't fit!"
![]() |
| Little Brie! Only 70 calories of creamy goodness! |
![]() |
| Happy to pick up her brother |
![]() |
| mmmm, ice cream...the key to successful utensil utilization |
The highlight of my night came at the end of the day. Patrick was trying to catch the kids on Facetime one more time before he went to bed, but due the general grouchiness referenced above, they were already in bed. So we ended up Facetiming just us. Talked about completely random things, made inappropriate jokes, stayed on the phone way too long. It was nice to actually get to talk to each other without chasing around kids with the phone/iPad, etc. I was so happy to see him and talk to him, but I think that happiness is what led to my general dismal mood on Day 6.






No comments:
Post a Comment