Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mom Survivor: Day 3

Day 3 marked the start of the week...and my attempt to get us all up, dressed, and out of the house with everything we need...oh wait, that's really not a change from a normal Monday...except that I have one less to keep track of with Patrick not here ; )

What can I say, everything went smoothly! Kids were mostly agreeable, I managed to get Larkin to school with all of her dance class stuff, got Kellen to his spot with all of his stuff, and I only managed to forget my lunch...oh well, can't win em all!

The day was superbusy at work, and I was ridiculously exhausted. Thankfully I had been alerted to the death of our office Keurig machine ahead of time so I made a run through Starbucks on the way in (I know, life is hard...).

All day I was continuously greeted by things like "How are you doing on your own?" which was generally followed up by "You look tired"...
I couldn't be offended...I did look tired...because I was FREAKING tired from not sleeping well.
Turns out that Sunday night into Monday morning I had super realistic dreams, nothing too scary, just unusual. I was dreaming of the dogs...of Tristan and Skylar. It was so vivid that I could feel their fur in my hands when I woke up. There was many a time when cooking that you couldn't take 2 steps in the kitchen without running into a huge wall of Great Dane...I "felt" that in my dream...way too real, but not scary...just unnerving I guess is the best way to describe it. And to dream both of them? Well, it just stuck with me all day. I laughingly told Patrick that morning that I think the dogs had come back to keep an eye on me...

We got to talk to Patrick on Skype again, and the kids were hilarious. I swear that Kellen said "dada" at least twice while looking at Patrick! Either way he smiled at him, laughed at him, and both kids proceeded to bounce all over the bed like crazy people. Thankfully there were no injuries to report.

Anyway, even though I'd had a horrible night's sleep Sunday night, I decided that I desperately needed to catch up on work, so as soon as the kids were down, I sat myself down with my laptop for a good 3.5 hours and got an awful lot done. I thought I'd sufficiently tired myself out, so I rewarded my hard work by taking a cup of tea upstairs and watching an episode of Revenge on the iPad...which turned into 2 episodes and me not getting to sleep until past midnight...another bad night's sleep...ugh.

Day 4 will include Larkin's dermatologist appt...which also means she goes to work with me...good thing I got ahead the night of Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment