Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween 2011

Allow me to interrupt our usual crazy life with a dose of normalcy...our Halloween pics! To reflect on years past, Larkin has been a chicken, a lamb, and last year both a ladybug and Minnie Mouse. This year represents the first time that Larkin had a serious opinion about her Halloween costume. Initially, she kept saying she wanted to be a dinosaur, but this eventually changed to being a zebra. Now where in the world was I going to find a zebra costume? Well I completely lucked out! Introducing our sassy zebra...








Now Kellen is a little more difficult. He's been a lobster, and last year he was a dragon and Superman. He tends to not like any large headpieces. Last year, when we put the dragon costume on him, he would go completely limp LOL! The headpiece and the long tail had him totally confused. Picture taking was an adventure...that I wouldn't know about because poor Patrick and Annie had to handle it since I was out of town at a conference!



So in shopping through Target, we ran across the perfect costume for Kellen...and he loved it the minute he saw it.






Truly, KK is exactly like Dash from the Incredibles...




And he proceeded to "dash" around the room the entire time we took pictures...somehow this is my favorite ; ) Thanks to Lindsay Moore at Fabulous Occasions for entertaining my little fashionista and my little tornado! And to finish our tale, Larkin had her first experience with trick or treating. Kellen was feeling a little sick (see last post...), so he went to bed on time. I decided that Larkin could stay up a little and maybe hand out candy in her costume. Then that evolved into well maybe I'll take her to a couple of houses here in our cul-de-sac so she can see what trick-or-treating is about. Somehow when we got to the door, I convinced Patrick to take her. I would sit in the driveway with Kellen's monitor and hand out candy while they went down the street...well 15 minutes passed and they still weren't back. I called Patrick. Apparently she had such a positive experience with the first 2 houses that she wanted to keep going! She kept saying "What about this house Daddy, their light is on?" Long story short, I almost had to put out an alert on a missing zebra! They came back about 45 minutes later with an entire bag full of candy.


Suffice to say, she definitely knows what trick-or-treating is now! She had a blast, her daddy got some much needed bonding time with her, she made out like a bandit (I would only have taken her to 2 houses!), and she was asleep before I got downstairs. It was her night, and I'm so grateful we were able to give that to her.

2 comments:

  1. They look GREAT!

    That first time that they really get trick or treating is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pictures! It looks like it went a lot smoother than when I was there. Sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete