So Annie and I were just talking today how we'd love to know exactly how many calories we used to burn off in our younger dancing days. I have to admit, I may be a middle-aged mom, but I used to LOVE to dance and I still miss it. My favorite nights were those when we'd all get dressed up and go to a place that played everything...meaning that while I danced with the girls, I'd still get to country dance with Patrick intermittently, too. Gosh I miss jitterbugging! Patrick would flip me 5 different ways back then because he was stronger and I was lighter...LOL! And you knew it was a special night if I actually got him out on the dance floor for a non-country song! I'm pretty sure the last time that happened was my 30th b-day.
But now I think I'd have a different list of requirements for a dance club...here's my model for the perfect club for my 30s.
* Only people 30 years and over allowed. It would be great if we could exclude all single guys (but keep our single girlfriends), so that we don't have to worry about annoying cling-ons (you know those guys that follow you around the club all night!).
* No smoking. How the hell did we handle places like that in college? The few times we've gone someplace like that since I think it's taken me days before I can breathe normally again. We're old, we have allergies, and people over 30 have no business smoking anymore anyway.
* A BIG dance floor. I hate these little places that think they're a dance club but the dance floor is as big as my hardwoods in the living room. In college, we had dance HALLs. I guess that's what I'm looking for here. I need some space people!
* Open early, close early. In college, we didn't get to the club until sometime between 10 and 11pm....now that's about the time I'm ready to be in bed.
* Low-cal drinks. The drink menu should have calories attached. If we knew how many calories were in a Lemon Drop shot, do you really think we'd keep downing them?
* No fluorescent lights in the bathroom. Seriously no one looks good in that harsh light after sweating and dancing, but we really don't want to see that at our age!
Sometimes I just still get the urge to put on my hooker heels and dance on a speaker box...is that so wrong?
Love it! I would totally go. Especially without the cling-ons!
ReplyDeleteMe too
ReplyDeleteI also needs to come with child care. No, not for during the dancing, I'll pay for a sitter, but maybe a "camp" starting at 8am the next morning so we can drop out kids off so we can recover.
ReplyDeleteKerri- It definitely needs to come with "morning after care"!
ReplyDeleteGotta keep the single guys (hey, I am a single gal, what do you expect) but rest of it? Oh yea! To include the mornin after care!!!!
ReplyDelete