Saturday, February 16, 2013

Halloween 2012...yes, I know it's February

Because I think it's important to re-enlist myself in this blog, I'm going to backtrack just a bit.
We'll start with Halloween. As usual, we scheduled a quick photo session with our awesome photographer(Fabulous Occasions). We always struggle with the Halloween shoot because Kellen is usually fighting with his costume (put a headpiece on him and he goes limp, but a mask on him and he rips it off...), so I went into it expecting great pictures of Larkin and maybe a streak of Kellen.
As usual...she delivered.
 And then he came over with her...and we got this gem.
And this...
And then he sat. Looked at the camera. Smiled. And we got a picture that I will love forever.
It's the normal moments that get me. In all the chaos, all the worry, the times where I actually manage to get what any mother of two preschoolers could hope for...that normalcy...it means everything to me.

Larkin trick-or-treated with her daddy again like a champ. Kellen went to bed happy, and I manned the driveway candy handout again. As I sat there in the driveway (at the end of October), my dream was that maybe we could teach Kellen to say (anything) "trick or treat" by next October...and that he could go, too. As I sit here in February...I am confident that we will actually get to do this...I'm getting goosebumps just typing that. This is why it's important to backtrack where we've been...because we've made it further...and we have a long and promising road ahead.

1 comment: