Monday, February 27, 2012

Larkin Dances

So again, how sad that I'm having to catch up from so long ago, but better late than never!
Larkin started dance classes this fall, and she absolutely adores them. In December, she had her first mini-recital. Let me tell you, I was not prepared. She was extremely excited, and we could not comprehend what we were in for. It was obvious throughout the recital that she loved dance, and she was so intent on getting every move right. We have video, but mostly it looks like we're in an earthquake because I was unprepared for the emotions that would overtake me as the music started and she began dancing. I mean I was doing the ugly cry...again. I didn't expect it at all, but she was just such a big girl and she looked so beautiful and was doing such an amazing job...well, I couldn't help it.

Hey, that's actually pretty hard to do!
The Hip-hop number...
She was into it, but honestly, she was much more intent on the ballet piece.
Um Mama...you can stop crying now.
She held her flowers like they were a bat...
With Nina who made the drive just to see her dance...and almost gave us a money shot with this pic (Mom!).

No comments:

Post a Comment